Friday, December 18, 2009

World's Best Chicken Salad



For those of you who are interested, I do not do chicken salad. It's just - gross - is the best word that comes to mind. And those weird people who put things in it like grapes and pecans? Double ick.

So imagine my suprise when one of the ladies from our church brought me chicken salad - with grapes - while I was out of work on maternity leave. I loved her chicken salad, grapes and all. And then I found out that someone else had a recipe. And I would link to her blog, but apparently I am not an "invited reader." Hmph.

Moving on!

This chicken salad recipe was simple enough - except that someone told me to use dill seed instead of dill weed. Good thing I called her to double check the recipe first.
So here it is. If you google it, you might find something like "Chicken Salad with Dill." Since I'm not much for chicken salad, I will dub this what I thought when I tasted the first bite:

World's Best* Chicken Salad Recipe
*Best is a matter of personal opinion-this one being Miranda's*

4 ridiculously large chicken breasts (or 6 regular sized)
1/2 lb red seedless grapes, washed and cut in half
2 stalks of celery, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. dill weed
1 1/2-2 cups of mayonnaise
1/4-1/2 cup mustard
Craisins **I only used 1/2 a 6 oz. bag**
Chicken Rub (I used McCormick)

I patted all four chicken breasts thoroughly with the chicken rub and then put them in a gallon sized ziploc bag in the fridge overnight.

Then I baked them in a greased 13x9 inch pan for about 30-45 minutes, depending on how long it takes to cook the chicken thoroughly. While the chicken is cooking I cut up the grapes, celery, craisins, and mixed it with the dill weed. Then I added the mustard and mayonnaise. When the chicken was cooked through, I cut it all into bite sized pieces and stirred everything really well.

I will tell you that the mayo/mustard combination is a matter of preference. You could use more mayo and totally leave out the mustard if you don't like it. But I didn't even measure mine (I know, shocking, right?) I just used it until I thought I had enough.

My sister and I taste tested it on Ritz crackers and thought it deserved a spot on the cooking blog.

3 comments:

  1. As if we don't all know that your opinion isn't the only one that matters!!!

    J/K!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I got featured on the Cheese Grits and Jesus blog! I feel so honored.

    PS someone left me a weird comment on my blog and i have no idea who and that kinda freaked me out and since i have discovered facebook and haven't posted on my blog since thanksgiving, i didn't invite anyone to read it.

    I will, I will. Give me time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pps.... the more dill i added, the better i liked it!!

    I give this RAVE reviews!!

    ReplyDelete