Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken Packets

If you remember correctly, I mentioned a church member by the name of Amy in my last post on the blog. Amy has not only shared her recipes with me, but also some ideas on methods to plan grocery shopping and menus for a two-week time period so I'm not scrambling to get dinner together for our family of four. So she shared her chicken soup recipe, and then she also gave me the following recipe:

Chicken Packets
2 packs crescent rolls
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (2 chicken breasts will work)
3 oz. cream cheese
2 tbsp. milk
1 tbsp. chives
salt to taste
1/4 c melted butter
1/2 c crushed croutons

I had already stewed an entire bag of chicken, so I defrosted two chicken breasts in the microwave for this recipe. I used a seperate bowl to mix the cream cheese, milk, and chives - I even heated it up to help the cheese and milk combine. Then I mixed it in with the chicken. You unroll the crescent rolls and pinch the perforation together - this will make two crescent rolls into a rectangle, and you should end up with eight total rectangles.
Spread some chicken mixture into the crescent roll, and fold over to pinch together. Dip them in the melted butter and then into the crushed croutons. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Tuesday night I made these for dinner with baked beans and garlic pasta and Wednesday I had them as leftovers with some Doritos. It says you can eat them cold or warm, but I like mine warm. The only difference is that next time instead of freeze-dried chives, I'm going to buy some green onions and chop that up instead. But they were awesome and were gobbled up in no time!
----- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment